Présentation ADM Vietnam Aquitaine
ADM Vietnam was founded in November 1991 and registered in the Official Journal at the beginning of 1992 under the number SIRET 41181395900011.
This association acts with a humanitarian and scientific purpose at the service of the poorest of Vietnam and the Vietnamese medical corps. Our association, apolitical and non-denominational, is based on the volunteerism of medical and non-medical members of all nationalities.
ADM Vietnam is an NGO law 1901 whose funds are collected from dues, various donations and profits from annual dinner shows. Its head office is based in OLIVET (45).
3 branches are attached to the legal statutes of the national association :
- ADM Rhône Alpes
- ADM Normandie
- ADM Aquitaine
3 types of actions :
- Medical actions
- Multidisciplinary consultations (general medicine, dental care, diabetes screening, physiotherapy) - drug distributions for poor families.
Extra medical examinations
- Promote poor and deserving medical students, particularly of ethnic minority origin : distribution of 45 scholarships each year (total: 810 scholarships in 18 years)
- Donations of wheelchairs to paralyzed children ( total : 85)
- Donations of school supplies to campaign students
Donation of Braille Books for Blind Students on the Highlands
- Presenting French-language lectures to a French-speaking Vietnamese audience
- Organize member meetings with Francophone students for conversations in French
A word from Chantal SELIN, President of ADM Vietnam Aquitaine"I met Doctor TRAN, President of ADM Vietnam Centre, in 2004 as a treating physician when I lived in the Loiret. After many exchanges for a few years, I was impressed by the extreme dedication of this humanitarian association. I have been involved in this association since the beginning of my retirement that I spend in Gironde.
The ADM Vietnam Aquitaine branch was created on September 11, 2010, to actively participate in the humanitarian actions of ADM Vietnam Centre with women, men and means available to us in the Aquitaine region.
Recently installed in the Aquitaine region, I met several people who wanted to get involved with us in this adventure to serve the most disadvantaged.
Active volunteer members come from both the medical and non-medical communities.
Like all ADM Vietnam branchs, our funding means consist of memberships, grants and donations as well as the benefits of our events."
The meeting of ADM Vietnam Aquitaine branch creation took place on 11 september 2010 in Saint Romain la Virvée, high place of Bordeaux viticulture.
The ADM Vietnam Centre delegation was composed of Dr TRAN Cuong (président), Mr Louis DANSE (vice-président), Mr Yann DUCHATEL (vice-président), Mr Antoine MARCHAND (secrétary), Mr NGUYEN THI (member), Mr et Mme MOLINA (founding members).
The présentation of the association was done before about thirty participants.
Our branch currently has 63 active members and benefactors from the medical and non-medical sectors of the Aquitaine region. Like ADM Vietnam Centre, its funding resources consist of memberships, demonstrations, grants and various donations.
Its priorities are focused on strands of action :
In intervention centres, mainly among geographically isolated populations in the Central Highlands region of Vietnam in contact with local actors, medical partners and associations on the ground
Social actions :
- Logistical support to local actors in the disadvantaged region of the Central Highlands of Vietnam.
- Sponsorship of orphaned children or children from poor families.
Exchanges with the francophone population as well as the high school kids and high school kids..
- In centres for the neuro-sensitive or motor handicapped and mentally handicapped :
- Financial contribution towards the annual purchase of batteries for equipment for deaf or hard of hearing students
- Printing books in Braille in Vietnamese
- Equipment for wheelchairs, special wheelchairs, safe beds and rehabilitation equipment
- Formation of a trade for young adults (sewing, weaving, massage for the blind, etc.)
- Purchase of food and school supplies
- Distribution of drugs and health books
- Financing of supplementary examinations
- Aids in kind and equipment (livestock, agricultural equipment, etc.)